General Civil Litigation
As a General Litigation Lawyer, I have successfully represented individuals and business organizations as plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of civil matters, including the following:
- Commercial Litigation: Corporate, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Construction Claims: Enforcement of Mechanic’s Liens
- Real Estate Matters: Specific Performance, Breach of Contract, Fraud, Rescission, Negligence, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Landlord-Tenant Claims
- Insurance Coverage Disputes: Health, Home, Automobile
- Actions Related to the Recovery of Personal and Real Property
- Collection on Judgments
- Attorney Grievance Defense
- Small Claims
Effective counseling enables my clients to make more informed decisions on whether to litigate or settle disputes; if litigated, how to properly prepare the case for trial; whether to settle during the course of the proceedings in a manner most favorable to the client. Where appropriate, the firm pursues available alternate dispute resolution sources such as mediation or arbitration. Frequently, even the most aggressively litigated cases can be better and more economically resolved utilizing these sources.
Please contact General Litigation and Trial Lawyer Thomas G. Witkop to see how he can help you with your legal concern.